Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ride with Company

I went out to get my fix tonight and oooh was it nice. I had rode 11.5 miles into a 15 mile loop when I met a guy riding the other way. I have put a rant on here earlier this year about how very few people ride around here, so when we met I turned around and chased him down. Turns out he was riding almost the same loop I was only the opposite direction. I invited myself and rode with him in the direction he was riding. It was very nice to have company. Then there was an added bonus, as I think we pushed each other...for that I am sure. He was riding a Hybred with gears and fatter tires and I was on the fixed gear with smaller tires, no gears and no coast===good time. It had rained earlier in the day and the puddles were still standing in the shadows. I took this photo when I was riding alone...when we came back by, there was a Porcupine drinking from them. Kind of cool, but I didn't drag the camera out when I was riding with him.
Shouldn't have put this in.
Tonight we saw 1 vehicle in a 20+ mile ride.



1 comment: