Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth

This weekend is my home town of Gordon WI's yearly celebration.  Gordon is a very small town...township itself is large, but the town proper is very small.  The July 4th Gordon Good Neighbor Days has been going on for as long as I can remember.  The claim to fame is the fireworks show.  It is suppose to be one the best in the midwest and it is the only day of the year we have a traffic jam.  I had enough of it a few years ago, so now I am a good neighbor by leaving town and giving room for someone else.  I think that is the neighborly thing to do.  My family still goes...and I probably should...but that many people, and mostly partying people, is not my thing.  Although if were bicycles, that may be a different story.  


A few years ago I started doing things by myself that weekend.  I have made century rides, long mountain bike rides, extended gravel rides and just about anything away from town that weekend.  This year is no different. 

1 comment:

  1. Here here to beating tracks out of town!!! Happy 4th to you too!!!!!
    We head to the north shore for Friday saturday and Sunday, (every year), then take in the fireworks in Duluth in the pm.
    Funny thing is, Hibbing doesn't even do fireworks or a parade, haven't for years. We just like beating tracks outta town!!! ;)) as often as we can!!!!
    Peace, Joboo

    ReplyDelete