Monday, December 24, 2012

Exploring the Woods

It has been Fat-bike fun for me these last couple of weeks.  I had been getting in a lot of saddle time but will be taking time off, so it will be a while before I get back on the bike.  Bummer.  


 The picture above was taken on a day in which I was checking out a noise we had been hearing about a mile south of home.  I knew what the noise was, just didn't know exactly where how much logging. It didn't take them long to clean off pretty good sized chunk of land.  I have heard from a very reliable source that a crew can cut 100 cords a day in some operations.  That would create a pile 4 feet high by 8 feet wide by 400 feet long.
   

The trails have been good for riding bicycle, not so much for snowmobiles.


 Trail number 41 comes near this cabin.  I found the "No Cell Phones Allowed!" interesting as I wondered how the conversation went to prompt the sign.


 More trail

Another ride brought me to this abandoned gravel pit, which has now become a small lake...aka pothole. I decided to ride the perimeter looking for tracks to see what was around. 


The Otter were out having fun when the ice was a little soft.  They run, slide, run, slide just for fun of it.


I added this picture just because I liked it.

I say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Lets get outdoors and have some fun!!


1 comment:

  1. Your 9:zero:7 looks sweet!! Glad your getting out enjoying it!!
    It's been awesome for us in the northland!!
    A merry Xmas and a happy New Years to you and yours!!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete