Monday, May 6, 2013

About Time

 We are having another go at spring here in the north of Wisconsin.  Today had temperatures in the 70's F and very little wind, which made for some nice riding today.  It is a welcome change from the cold and very windy weather we have become accustomed to this spring.  The above picture is of the Eau Claire River. 

 Just last week in nearby Hayward, they groomed a portion of the Birkie trail for skiing, although the Hayward area received about 16" of snow to our 2". The trail above is a winter use only for snowmobile and ATV's.  There may, or may not, have been a Fat-tire on this trail this winter also.

 The Wascott Fire Hall.

 This is the street in Gordon, WI where I learned how to ride a bicycle...a blue one.

 And this is the field where I learned how to drive a car.  We were helping family friends hay this field and when we were done, my parents taught me how to drive their car.  It was a 1966 Ford with a 3 on the tree...a blue one. I think of that day every time I go by here.

 That log floating out there is going to have to change direction if it's going to fit through the culvert it is heading for. 

The small lakes around here are now free of ice.  The larger deeper lakes are still iced in.  We had our fishing opener this past weekend and the ice still on the lakes have been the talk of the town.  It is the first time I that I can remember having ice for the opener, at least to where a person couldn't get out with a boat.  Some people ice fished for the opener and I heard reports of 16" of ice on a couple lakes.  I am not complaining about the weather we have been having this spring, but the weather today...eh...about time!

Lets get outdoors and have some fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment