Thursday, March 17, 2011

Look Ma...No studs

I haven't updated this in a while, but you haven't missed much either.  The weather here has been well received by everyone I know of, except for maybe Eric who wants more ride time on the big tire prototype.  It was over 50F today with the sun shining bright so it was time to get outside.

The blacktop roads are clearing up nicely so I changed out the studded tires on the fixie last night.

The fixie sporting the summer cross rubber.  Don't get me wrong, the studs are nice on snow and ice covered roads, but the first ride of spring with the studded tires hanging in the garage sure is sweet.  The tree in the background most likely will not be around much longer as it was food for the Porcupine this winter.

For you Jeff...They have plowed the driveway to our local golf course.  Now if we can just get rid of some snow.

Great roads with rolling hills and not one auto did I see, made for a very nice afternoon for the fixie and me.

This is one of the multiple use trails in the area.  I think the snowmobiles are done using it this season.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu

6 comments:

  1. Spring seems to be arriving for a lot of us just now...Enjoy your rides..!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good ride-time weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on how nice it is to lose the studs. Now if only the salt and sand would go away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice,I just love those smooth, rolling northern Wisc roads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet there's some trees around that golf course, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, you're right about the trees...there is no playing from another fairway here.

    I may be bias Boz, but I do think we have some very nice riding. I can't for life of me figure out why more people don't take advantage of them.

    Darin...It's like a completely different bike with out studs. Fast and smooth it is.

    Big Oak and Trevor...Funny how warm 50 feels in the spring and yet how cool it feels in middle of summer.

    ReplyDelete