Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Riding the Night

Monday night had 6 guys riding the Lake Superior beach on fatbikes, but that's too far for me to drive on short notice for a ride, so I was not one of them.  I may join them sometime if it works out.  I did end up going out for an hour ride on my own though.  The temp was a chilly 22°F with the wind howling, pitch black out and the roads mostly covered with a dusting of snow.  Getting out and making that ride, all be it short, was fantastic.  It makes a person feel alive.  It sure beat staying indoors.  I have them to thank for this ride, because I thought they're out riding, I might as well be also.

Lets get outdoors and have some fun!!  

    

8 comments:

  1. It's a good idea to start getting acclimated now, before it REALLY gets cold.
    Glad you got out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "..it makes a person feel alive.." Right on. Night adds such a cool perspective.. Like James Bond or Halloween every night. I love to ski under a full moon. So magical. No wonder wolves howl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skiing under a full moon is one of my favorite things to do.

      Delete
  3. Why are you dressed so warm?

    CAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to remember that the weather is warm compared to middle of January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just saying the same thing to my parents...yes 14° is cold, but it is only beginning.

      Delete