Friday, December 4, 2009



So far this year, we have had a dusting or two, but nothing to stick to the roads good. Tonight the roads were snow covered and studded tires were not on the bike. With that being said, when I got home from work, on they went. After they were mounted, I left the house at 7:30 pm and went for an hour long ride. It was a nice night to be out. The temp was at 15 above, snow lightly falling and a 10mph SW wind and I was dressed perfectly. It was also nice to hear the crackle of 480 carbide studs making their mark...most of the time in virgin snow. And then there was the snow flakes sparkling in the headlight. It makes me want to ride more just jotting this down, but I must work tomorrow, so I better not stay out late playing in the snow.

Out of the bosom of the Air, Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken, Over the woodlands brown and bare, Over the harvest-fields forsaken, Silent, and soft, and slow Descends the snow.




Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment