Monday, March 26, 2012

Great Ride

 Sunday I ventured over to Hayward, WI to ride with fellow blogger Biking Barb (linked here) and her husband Mike. We rode 18 plus miles, had 585ft of elevation gain, averaged 12.2 with a ride time of 1 hour 30 minutes, and I had a max of 26.3mph.  But all the stats are BS.  It was the company that made it a great ride.  I had a wonderful time.  We leisurely rode along through mostly low traffic roads alongside of anything from farms to lakes.  The lakes we went by that I am aware of were Williams, Murray, Adina, Petty, Spring, Lake Hayward and many other little pothole lakes.  I learned some about Alaska as they lived there for I think about 36 years and I look forward to learning more.  I took no pictures on the ride, but we are hoping to get together for some gravel riding. I therefore explored some gravel today, but the roads I was on today may need to dry up a little.  They are ride-able, but one needs to get the shoes dirty now and again.  

I saw this little Porcupine today.  

I got close to him in as you can see in the first picture, but after threatening me with his quills, he scurried away and up the tree. Although I wasn't going to hurt him, or eat him, he didn't want anything to do with me.

Water over Colton Dam.

Lets get outside and have some Fun!!

4 comments:

  1. Good ride with good company. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shoulda ate that damn coon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great attitude. Sometimes a workout is in order, other times it's the scenery and the company. Sounds like a great ride. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed our ride with you, too! Sorry it took me this long to comment. We've ridden a couple of forest service dirt/gravel fire roads in the last couple of weeks. This opens up entirely new areas to explore and is a great addition to riding the paved country roads and mtn biking on the single track trails. I see you recently rode some gravel roads, too. We'll have to get together for another ride in the near future.

    ReplyDelete