Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finishing up

With daylights saving time in effect, it called for a night ride. It was really dark already at 6:30 when I left for the ride. I rode 14 miles of nice back country blacktop roads. It was a good thing I only met one car and was passed by none, as half way into the ride me blinkie batteries died. There were a lot of stars shining bright and a sliver of moon which made for a great ride. It helps that I nailed the clothing... 41 degrees. Any time you get the clothing right, it is a bonus. With the work on the home finishing up, there will be more riding now.Two truck loads of wood today and no more...it is the last of the wood we are putting up for the winter. We have 10.5 rows at 14 feet long, about 18 inches wide and 4 to 5 feet high.

Saturday just before dark, we finished up the siding on the home. We have done a lot of work on the house in the last six weeks. I told Janice when the Chequamegon Fat Tire was done this year, I was giving up the bike for a while to get the house in shape. We put on a new roof, new soffits and fascia, new wood stove, new chimney's, new siding, two windows, two storm doors..one to install as it has yet to arrive and a new door...a lot of new things going in there. There will also be something new in the bike barn this spring. I am thinking it will be a Surly Long Haul Trucker. I want a better ride for towing the B.O.B. trailer. I have been using my aluminum road bike and know that there are better options out there. If any one out there has an opinion on this, please share.


And...speaking of all the new things going in the house...I sure will be glad when this election bullshit is history...and somebody new living in the white house.




No comments:

Post a Comment