Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stop and Say Hi to Bill

The River Trail Picnic Basket
Lanesboro, MN
As I had mentioned earlier, this stop was our favorite of the camping trip we recently made in southern MN. We stopped there for a sandwich and coffee...but received much more. The gentleman that owns and operates this is a delight to talk to. He retired from a well known large business and decided to buy this store to be close to the bicycling world, as he has done a lot of bicycling in the past and still bicycles. He is active in the advocacy of bicycling and in the trail side of it also. From what we gathered from talking to him, he does not own this business for any money that might come from it, but rather, for his long love of bicycling. IMO...he is doing it right. So if you ever get in or close to Lanesboro MN, by all means, stop and say Hi to Bill...you will not regret it.

3 comments:

  1. I met Bill when I was on my 6-day tour back in June. Very pleasant man to talk with. I had a good cup of coffee on the patio to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good stop for a cyclist. And, aggod life for Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After your posts the last few days, I'm thinking I've got to go and ride some of those trails this fall. Should be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete