Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Fever

I have been enjoying the warmer weather that we have been blessed with as of late by riding the fixed gear every night after work.  Last night I rode what I call the Little Bigger Circle Ride.  It is a 15.5 mile loop with low traffic and some little rollers.

This is a bar that is a little further on down the road from our house called The  Look Out.  I used to spend a lot of time in this place back in the day.  I can not remember the last time I have been in the place...nothing against the owners, in fact they seem very nice...I just try to avoid bars.  We do order food to go once in a while, but either Janice or our son makes the run to pick it up. 
This is how it gets its name...The Look Out.  It looks out over Lake Gordon, or as the locals call The Gordon Flowage.  I noticed the panfish must be biting because there seems to be a lot activity at one of the lakes hot spots we can see in this picture.
The county road we live on comes to an end at a Douglas County park about a mile past the Look Out.  In the winter time, the last mile of the road is closed to vehicle traffic and used as part of a snowmobile trail.
I have noticed the deer have been coming out near the roads this past couple of weeks.  I have saw a lot of them this past week.  On last nights ride, I would say in I seen about 15. 
There is very little traffic this time of year.  Last night I saw a school bus, one pickup and one car. 
This area of the road is not bad because you can go around the ice, but there are several places where the road is still completely covered with ice.  It gets better every day though.  I bear witness.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful place to ride. I think I'd like it even better in the summer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great spot to ride -- love WI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we are lucky to have some nice riding. It boggles me why more people don't ride.

    Jeff...I think you are ready for summer...lol

    TOB...If you folks get the Wbb Lake area in the summer and would like a nice leisurely ride...I know the area well.

    ReplyDelete