Sunday, August 29, 2010

Training

As of late, this has been my training for this years Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival.  I pedal the bike and then go cut a truck load of firewood...except for today where as I played in a golf tournament and then cut firewood.  I am old, not fast and fortunate enough to know this, so with that being said, this is as serious as I can get for this event.  My goal this year...have some fun and FINISH it.  Don't care how long it takes me, just cross the finish line on two wheels or two feet.  I think I am not asking for much.  

2 comments:

  1. I like your cross training approach. (insert activity here) then cut firewood! Those among us who have never lived in the north may not realize how serious it is to have plenty of firewood to last the winter.

    Well, we're all getting older. I think the key to a successful life is to be as active as possible. Good luck at the Fat Tire Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next ya gotta pedal and carry the chainsaw at the same time!! ;)
    there is no heat like the trusty BTU's of a good wood stove!! No other heat comes close IMHO.
    it's a lot of work, but there's nothing better on a -20 below night!!!
    Best of luck with Chaq. weekend!!
    Peace, Joboo

    ReplyDelete