Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bicycle Camping

 Day three was an easy day.  I headed from Amnicon Falls State Park to Pattison Falls State Park.  It was only a 20 mile ride.  It did feature many dump trucks though.  They were blacktopping one of the highways I would eventually end up riding.  I am guessing when I say I encountered near 30 of them. Out of the 30, only one driver didn't give me much room, even though he had room to give.  I don't know why people have to be that way, but some are.  Oh well.

 It is a pretty good climb up out of the Lake Superior basin.  Duluth, MN is the far ridge in the above picture.

 I walked the nature trails and picked up two geocaches while there.  There are two major falls here in Pattison Park.  The above is just what it says...Little Manitou Falls.  These falls are on the Black River.

 The above is a pic of the Big Mantiou Falls.  This is the largest waterfall in the state of Wisconsin.  The weather was great today.  There are more than 50 campsites at this park and there were an unbelievable 2 others campers than myself.    

Lets get outdoors and have some fun!!

5 comments:

  1. More beautiful scenery! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my touring has been on my side of the state. Up and down the lake. I would love to do your side, up and down the river!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too bad some people have to be that way. The waterfalls are spectacular. Great trip !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you are back home safe and sound after the thunderstorms and rain of the last few days!

    ReplyDelete