Saturday, August 23, 2008

Touring the Dead Ends

I had planned on riding some fire roads on the mountain bike this evening, but after cutting two loads of fire wood, I didn't feel like it. I was just sitting there thinking I should do something. I am going to do some golf club work for a friend of ours who lives on a dead end road about 6 miles from our house. I decided I would deliver a couple of test clubs using the bicycle. After dropping them off I thought...Why not ride some more of these dead ends that I normally do not ride?...most are blacktop and smooth. These roads go to cabins and houses that are on lakes. Most are .5 to 1.5 miles long. One thing I noticed is that just about all of them descend to the lake and that means a nice climb on the way out. I rode 9 of these roads tonight. It was new territory and that means fun. Very little traffic tonight...11.75 miles to meet the first car. I logged 27 miles with 1 hour 35 minutes of saddle time.Carried the clubs under my Camelbak.

Over that rise, it is around a corner and downhill for about a half mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment