Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Practice

I decided to get some practice in to prepare for my upcoming  early retirement, so I took a half day of vacation and went for a 2.5 mile snowshoe.  Things went well...I may be able to handle it.

It has been unseasonably warm here as of late with today around the 50F mark.  Snow///ice was melting from under this abandon Moose River bridge.

I crossed the Moose River and walked up along the St Croix River.

This is a hole the River Otter has kept open.  I went by a lot of these today.  I have more pictures of them that are more recent with fresh tracks, but I liked this picture, so this is the one we put in. 

I took 51 photos today and have loaded up some. 



Ice flows in Scotts Rapids

The wood peckers have been busy along the river.


My tracks along the river

River Otter tracks.  They run...and slide.  I didn't see them doing this today, but I have witnessed it.  Kind of neat to see.



Some of the ice was falling in today.


A lot of roots here...shallow roots

I blogged about this place one other time.  Click here if you wish to see that one.

One of the summer residents of this old cabin.  It is no longer occupied by the human.




At about 1.25 miles up along the St Croix River from the West Mail, I hit the North Country hiking trail and followed that most of the way back. 

If even some of these retirement days are like this one...oooohhhhh man!!!

2 comments:

  1. Practice? I'm talking about practice!

    I think you're doing a fine job practicing for retirement! Don't worry about the game, it's about the practice!

    That sun feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your practice is going well!

    ReplyDelete