Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birkie

Welllll....I made to the finish line of the Birkie this year...as a spectator. I had the camera on the dining room table to bring along and shoot some photos. I remembered right where I had left it just before we got into Hayward...on the table, duh. I can see now where the skate skiing is way easier that the classical. It would be similar to riding a mountain bike with big ol fat tires in a road race. They are both hard, but a person skate skiing can cover ground much faster. Seeing all those people out there giving it gave me the itch to get out...so when we got home I rode the Person Lake ride. We had gotten about an inch of snow last night, so it made the ride really nice. It was plus 19 degrees when I returned home...just nice to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment