Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Selle An-Atomica

The new saddle came Monday afternoon. It is a Selle An-Atomica Titanico from Sage Cycles...yes the Clydesdale model for you smart asses. I already have them on two of my rides and put thousands of miles on them. I would not call this a cheap saddle by any means, but on the other hand, there are some a lot more expensive. I have found a combination of saddle and shorts that work well for me and if that is what it takes to be comfortable...SO BE IT. Janice is also riding this saddle. The mountain bike is the only ride that does not have this saddle now and I think it will stay that way. If you can see the light colored edge on the bottom, that is where I take a little grinder to smooth the sharp edge. After they get ridden a while, the light color goes away and you can't tell it has been worked on.
I also switched the trainer tire out for the regular summer one...and while I was at it I put the BOB trailer skewer back on. Two steps closer to bicycle camping.

3 comments:

  1. I've used a Brooks leather saddle on my Surly CrossCheck for the last few years and think it's the most comfortable way to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started bike camping the last two summers. I'm looking forward to doing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were out for three days on our first trip last August and really enjoyed it. I think we are set up well and will to do a few more this year.

    ReplyDelete