Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Plus 45 and didn't ride

I had planned a nice ride tonight after work, but things change and that did not come to happen. On another note, a friend of mine has a fixie gear that I have had the privilege of riding. I have wanted one and been looking for quite some time. I was looking to get on a Surly. I searched the want ads for a long time. We went to the bike swap in Blaine this year in hopes of finding something reasonable. There were two Surly Steamrollers, but not my size and with the shaky ground we are on at work...I THINK?? we are going to be OK mentality...stability of the job market and so on, I did not want to spend a lot of money. That ruled out building up a Surly to what I wanted. I ended up buying this unit. It is a Motobecane Fantom Cross UNO. It ships with 700x32 tires and it will accommodate tires up to 42c. I wanted the bigger tires and lower gearing because some of my favorite rides include firelanes and dirt roads in the middle of nowhere. I also found some end of the year sale Nokian studded tires. I also will change out the pedals. The reviews at Bike Forum have been good, so this unit will be good enough for me to get into the single speed///fixie riding. Janice is picking it up as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment